Assistant Safety Officer Vacancy – Sheffield UnitedPeter Houghton
Please see below details of another interesting vacancy. Details of how to apply are included with links to the main application form.
Assistant Safety Officer
|Hours:||28 hours per week over four days|
|Line Manager:||Head of Safety and Security|
|Salary:||Dependent on Experience|
Sheffield United Football Club have an exciting opportunity available for an Assistant Safety Officer to join our Safety and Security team. The Assistant Safety Officer will be responsible for the preparation of operational safety documentation and the delivery of match day operations, deputising for the Safety Officer where required. The successful candidate will have a passion for best practice and will share the team’s continuous improvement mentality with a desire to continue to develop operational workings with specific reference to events which are held across our sites. The successful candidate will need to be available for all SUFC home match fixtures.
- Assist the safety team in the planning for and management of event day operations.
- Deputise for the Crowd Safety Officer in the event of absence.
- Assist the crowd safety team in the preparation for and management of event day documentation.
- Update and maintain electronic records as required.
- Assist the crowd safety team with developing the strategy around the recruitment, training and retention of stewards.
- To act as event day loggist, ensuring accurate records are created and stored.
- Provide general administrative services to the crowd safety team in accordance with applicable organisation policies and practices and the Safety Certificate, referring to Line Manager as appropriate.
- To carry out other general administration services to the team including filing, data entry, typing and assisting in the management of communications and paperwork, managing diaries, assisting with meeting arrangements/organisation.
- Assist Line Manager to liaise with external agencies in relation to crowd safety matters eg. Fire, Police, Ambulance, SAG and SGSA.
- Achieve agreed personal targets/objectives and assist Line Manager to achieve team targets.
- Ensure compliance to applicable codes, legislation, and procedures including health and safety.
- Maintain accurate records/documentation associated with your work.
- Immediately report problems/failures that may impact on the organisation and/or its clients/customers to the Head of Safety and Security.
- Adhere to all organisation policies and procedures.
- To adhere to all Sheffield United Football Club’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures to foster an environment which protects from harm those defined as children and adults at risk.
- To report any concerns of a Safeguarding nature to the relevant parties and remain fully compliant with any applicable Safeguarding checks and due diligence and recognise your responsibility to the Club’s Safeguarding agenda.
- Adhere to the Club’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policies, supporting the Club to create an environment which is inclusive and all-encompassing.
Essential Criteria for the role:
- Understanding of or interest in safety operations and event safety.
- Strong IT skills, proficient in Microsoft packages such as excel, PowerPoint and word.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Team player.
- DBS check.
Desirable Criteria for the role:
- Level 4 Certificate in Crowd Safety.
Click here to download the application form. Please download and save the application form before inputting information. If you require a paper copy please contact the HR department at email@example.com or call 0114 253 7200.
Completed application forms must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy title in the subject or posted to HR, Sheffield United Football Club, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU.
Closing date for applications is Monday 1st August 2022.
Please note that in the instance of high volumes of applications we may close this vacancy earlier than the closing date noted above.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements the successful applicant must produce documentary verification of their eligibility to work in the UK and will not be allowed to start work until this has been received.
Equality and Diversity
Sheffield United FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Sheffield United FC are a Disability Confident Committed Employer. If you would like further information regarding the scheme and how we are able to support disabled persons within the workplace, then please contact our HR team at email@example.com
Sheffield United FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK. For further information on the Club’s Safeguarding Statement please access the following link: https://www.sufc.co.uk/club/policies/safeguarding-policy