Deputy Safety Officer Required – Leyton Orient FCPeter Houghton
Deputy Safety Officer
Location: The Breyer Group Stadium
Hours: Matchdays Only
Closing date: 12th July 2021
Start Date: July/August 2021
The role will support existing operational and matchday safety departments to provide a safe and enjoyable matchday experience for fans and staff. To monitor, adapt and ensure the safety practices and processes at the stadium on matchday and non-matchday, are in accordance with the club’s safety certificate and safety policy.
This position will, when required act as match day Deputy Safety Officer, leading and guiding a matchday stewarding team. The position will provide a liaison between the club and supporting agencies, which will include the local council, public health, EFL / FA, police/London Ambulance Service / SGSA, and 3rd party contractors.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Significant industry-specific experience with a minimum of NVQ level 4 in Spectator Safety (or working towards)
- Relevant Health and Safety training Ideally with a H&S qualification or working towards one
- Experience of implementing Covid control procedures and systems
- Completed safeguarding training
- Proven people management experience within a facility or venue management environment.
- Experience of working within the sports stadia or events industry would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of monitoring venue control systems such as CCTV, Fire panels, public address systems, turnstiles, fire and safety equipment
- An ability to review the current operation and identify practical areas for improvement or change, seeking out opportunities to enhance the fan experience
- Proactively take on new responsibilities and seek out opportunities to learn new skills.
- Must be able to work with little supervision, and have the ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment, if required;
- To produce and deliver regular match day/event safety expenditure/ budget information to Safety Officer.
- Applicants must be able to work on matchdays and opportunities for additional hours including evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Leyton Orient Football Club is committed to following relevant health & safety regulations and all members of staff are expected to be fully aware and adhere to, at all times, the Club’s H&S and fire safety procedures.
- LOFC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development, and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
- Job description on request.