Safety Officer Required – Rochdale AFCPeter Houghton
A vacancy has arisen at Rochdale’s Crown Oil Arena Stadium. Full details are set out below together with the link for anyone who wishes to apply:
Part Time Safety Officer
Founded in 1907, Rochdale AFC is a thriving professional football team who will compete in League Two of the EFL for the 2021/2022 season, alongside FA Cup, EFL Cup and EFL Trophy knockout commitments.
We are now looking to recruit an experienced Safety Officer in preparation for the new season and the welcome return of fans to the Crown Oil Arena.
Working closely with the Stadium Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of match day safety along with ensuring that all members of staff deliver the highest standards of customer service. You will provide direction for the deployment of Ground Staff and Safety Stewards during each home first team fixture, including providing detailed pre and post-match briefings. You will also be the key point of liaison between the club and various external agencies such as the Police and all Emergency Services.
This is a part time position but offered on a permanent basis. The role primarily requires attendance at each home match day, with a minimum of six hours per home fixture. Attendance at occasional Safety Advisory Group meetings will also be expected.
What are we looking for?
- NVQ level 4 in Spectator Safety is essential
- Proven supervisory experience ideally gained within a sports stadia environment
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral – good judgement, confident, persuasive, approachable, dependable and professional at all times
- Calm under pressure and be able to demonstrate quick and effective decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Sharp attention to detail and meticulous standards
- Additional qualifications in Health & Safety, First Aid, Event Management would be advantageous
- Have a friendly, approachable can-do and courteous disposition.
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hard-working and have a flexible approach.
We are passionate about our Club and we pride ourselves on our fair and open culture. If you share these values and are interested in joining our dynamic organisation then send your CV and covering letter to our recruitment partner, Alex MacArthur at email@example.com
Closing date – 5pm Friday 21st May 2021.
The Rochdale AFC family is wholly committed to safeguarding, and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. We fully expect our Board, employees, and volunteers to demonstrate and communicate this commitment at all times. As such, an enhanced DBS check will be required in order to undertake this post.