Safety Officer Vacancy – MKM Stadium (Hull City & Hull FCPeter Houghton
A vacancy has arisen at Hull’s MKM Stadium for a Safety Officer.
The MKM is a multi-use venue hosting both Football and Rugby League, so life is busy. If you are interested in this new challenge, details are below.
Event Safety Manager
An opportunity has arisen to join the Superstadium Management Company Ltd as Event Safety Manager. This is a full time role based at the Ml<M Stadium.
The Event Safety Manager is responsible for the planning and coordination of events from a safety perspective, as well as supporting the facilities team with the day-to-day Health and Safety compliance at the Stadium, Training Ground and Academy.
Qualified to NVQ Level 4, the [SM will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the SGSA Green Guide and will have extensive experience of working in a sports ground setting.
Salary: Dependent on experience
· Lead on the planning, implementation and monitoring of all SMC events at the MKM Stadium, ensuring that the management and operation of those events is fully compliant with national legislation and with the guidelines set down by the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA).
· Responsible for managingthe ‘5’ and 1p1 safety factor risk assessments for the stadium, recommending adjustments to the relevant risk assessments where applicable.
· Lead pre-match briefings and post-match debriefs, producing associating documents and submitting summaries to the Head of Operations and Safety Advisory Group.
· Perform the role of lead [vent Safety Officer (ESO) during match days, and manage a roster of internal and contracted ESO and Deputy Safety Officers (DSO), planning the resource required for all events at the MKM Stadium.
· Take the lead in key relationships with the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG) and relevant officers from Hull City Council, Humberside Police, the Humberside Fire & Rescue Service, Yorkshire Ambulance Service and other partner organisations.
· Ensure that the stadium is fit for purpose and fully compliant with all Health & Safety legislation for the staging of all events on the premises, in accordance with the General Safety Certificate.
· Work with the Operations Manager in planning the work undertaken by external contractors in preparation for and subsequent to all Local Authority, Safety at Sports Grounds, Police, Fire Authority safety and buildings inspections, ensuring strict compliance with all Spectator Safety and other related legislation.
· Work with the Operations Manager to manage relationships with partner organisations in relation to organisation and management of all SMC events, including the provision of stewarding, ensuring provision of services meets a consistently high standard.
· Ensure that appropriate and robust Risk Assessments have been carried out prior to all events/activities staged at the Stadium.
In addition to event specific safety, the [vent Safety Manager will support the Facilities Manager in managing general health and safety compliance at the Stadium, Training Ground and Academy, with duties including:
Event Safety Manager
· Attending health and safety committee meetings, ensuring the maintenance of, and strict adherence to standard operating procedures in-line with relevant health and safety legislation.
· Work with the Facilities Manager to build and maintain a risk register.
· Take the lead on the writing and management of risk assessments, ensuring all activities are covered adequately.
· Support the Operations Manager in ensuring that SMC employees, non-employees and others comply with current Health & Safety legislation and best practice whilst at the MKM Stadium and associated facilities.
· In the absence of the Facilities Manager, step into the role of the “competent person” and assist the “employer” on Health & Safety matters, as required by Regulation 7 of the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
· To help coordinate implementation, monitoring, and review of standards of Health & Safety throughout the SMC in conjunction with the relevant department managers as part of the Health & Safety Committee.
· Lead on the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines, to comply with legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, etc.
· Ensure that accident statistics and reports for Health & Safety are recorded. Lead with the investigation of accidents) dangerous occurrences, ill health, near misses and advise on prevention measures, coordinating with HR and heads of department as appropriate.
· Assist the Facilities and Operations Managers in developing and adhering to risk assessments and policies, ensuring they are sufficient for all tasks and activities undertaken.
· Manage programmed Health & Safety audits and ensure reviews and inspections are conducted, and the observations are acted upon with appropriate action plans.
· Advise and assist as necessary in the provision of appropriate training.
· Assist in the reviewing and implementation of company policies and procedures.
· Maintain and manage a roster of first aiders and fire wardens for each site managed by SMC, as appropriate.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to
Closing date: Monday 81h November 2021 at 4.00pm
SMC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.